Thursday, October 18, 2012

Slightly overstretched


It's not an injury, but I feel the backside of my legs. To do kurmasana after 5 days off is doable as usual, but and this cannot be felt, the hamstrings have already shortened. I know this all, this is why I get nervous when I don't step on the mat for a long time. Long time means more than 3 days off. 3 days is still OK, 5 days is too much.

Yesterday I relaxed. The day was dedicated to arriving at home and finding my center. I took a bath, I read a lot, I cooked a vegan lunch for myself. Doing some chores was relaxing, too.
Today I was busy with a lot of things that need to be done. I'm always glad when I do tasks that I like to postpone like filing papers or corresponding with the health insurance. With every months on this earth I get better in organizing myself. I'm more disciplined or should I say that I know more tools than ever to get me going and more often than ever I apply this knowledge?

The day is not yet over.
There is time for a few sun salutations. This is better than nothing.
Tomorrow I'll go to a Mysore class and practice primary. That's at least a plan, a good one.


1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Yoga Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Yoga Enthusiasts, Instructors, Experts, Studios, Classes, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often as you like.
The Yoga Community: http://www.vorts.com/yoga/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor