Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Time with oneself


E sent me this picture today. He has taken it in Sweden with his mobile phone: me in nature watching ducks. Looking at this picture I think that it's important to be able to be alone with oneself.

I finished "The Rum Diary" by Hunter S. Thompson this evening. 10 years Hunter has been in Puerto Rico as a journalist for a newspaper that got broke at the end. The title implicits it already: Everybody drunk rum all the time. This makes uncontrolled. That even a murder happened at the end surprised me. I haven't revealed everything with this last sentence. It's worth reading the book because of the language rather than the story, even though a story existed and what for a story.
The movie is now discussed in the press. I fear to watch it. To read about fights is harmless in comparison what one can see in the movies these days. It's almost a must to drink a cuba libre before watching it. Almost. Also the actors only played to be drunk.

Time to go to bed: I live rather holy these days: early to bed, early up, healthy food, no drinks, but water. The influence on my yoga practice can be felt. Also this morning I had a focused second series. I do not even attempt to practice third series. It's on the schedule for tomorrow.

No comments: