Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On pashasana


Pashasana: 
Does this twist improve?
I still need the blanket under my heels to prevent myself from rolling backwards.


Nevertheless I think this pose improved. I practiced it after the surya namaskaras.  I'm less flexible after the suryas than after the standing sequence, yet it's possible. I love that my toes and my knees are in line. If the posterior moves to the side, it's a sloppy practice. Then I recommend to sit on blocks to make the position stable for a while. I don't need this.


What can I do to improve? 
I must go deeper into the twist. The one shoulder might be able to move a tiny bit forward and the other one backwards. This can give me another inch. The goal is to reach the wrist with the one hand. My fingers still hook. 
Next time I'll take care of my bandhas. Engaging the bandhas might give me more stability. 


In sum the pose looks a tiny bit better. I want to think so. Hahaha........

Dristhi cannot be seen on the picture, I look to the side and not downwards. This makes a difference.


I practiced second series today, not one asana more. Hahaha........
When I omit the standing asanas it's planned to do the asanas of the third series. The energy level is different at the end of a practice and plans change then........

4 comments:

Quentin said...

Always improving, practice practice practice makes more perfect, but it is the journey that must be enjoyed each day. Excellent lighting in the picture too.

Ursula said...

Keep rocking, Quentin.

Lennox Lacrameau-Miller said...

Looks good, inspiring. Have to test this!

Ursula said...

If you've relative long arms it's easier. Happy twisting and don't forget to keep breathing....:)