Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday, a fresh start


Monday means to refresh the oath.
During the weekend the cups are emptied. This allows a new beginning without the stories of last week.
I want to practice every day this week. This is the main oath.....hahahaha......

My day started with a healthy breakfast: a fresh mango with soy yogurt and a few almonds, water and coffee. With this the atmosphere of the day is set: light, healthy, joyful.

Today I go to the Mysore class. Second series is on the schedule. Why do I always fear to practice when I had more than one day off? My fear to have a lousy practice or even to injure myself starts when I had 2 days off. It seems to be a bad thinking habit.
I'll focus on the breath today. This is always doable. The performance of the asanas has second priority.

I was busy with other important tasks yesterday than my yoga practice: I discarded books, even yoga books have to go: Learn yoga in a weekend is not a title anymore that convinces me. It's a huge collection of books that I have. To call it a library fits, too. The books must become less, less, less........

Next steps in the project "villa motley": Yesterday my mother gave me advice how to prevent that the carpet is sliding. To put a rubber ring that is usually used for jam glasses under the carpet shall help. I found the same recommendation online later. Buying some is on my to-do list of today. finding someone who'll pick up the broken mirror is another next steps in the project "villa motley".

Time to dress.......


2 comments:

Kitharo said...

Looks like we're all back on schedule :) Don't worry about days off - sometimes they're necessary and strangly I sometimes think that I'm more flexible than I was before the rest days (like this morning)...maybe sometimes the muscles need a little time to heal and adjust :)
Have nice start in this sunshine week :)

Ursula said...

Oh, nice to read that you're back on the mat, too.

The less stronger one is, the more flexible one can become.

I think the progress in Ashtanga yoga is modest because we work on both: Strength and flexibility.

Sometimes I write that I'm stiff, but I could take both legs behind my head. It's all relative. :)

Namaste and have a relaxed evening.