Thursday, July 26, 2012

Krounchasana


It's obvious, I want to be better than I am. Not on purpose, but my pictures teach me this. My hips fall backwards, the back is rounded, the head is moving forward so that I can touch the leg with my chin.

Also this asana aims at the hips, the muscle and the joints. Ideally one lifts up the leg straight. The back remains straight, the neck is in line with the spine. Dristi is the toe.

I tried it again. I think it even looks better.
There is no easy asana. My focus will be  the hips and the hamstrings and not bringing the head to the leg.


The secret is repetition, deep breathing, relaxing into the pose, holding it longer and enjoying it.



7 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

How funny! This morning, I was just contemplating using this asana in my class lineup this week ~ you've inspired me.

Love.......

Ursula said...

My pleasure, Meredith.

Much love back.

Ursula

Anna said...

Sometimes when I try and comment I get transferred to a site selling internet services. Thought you'd like to know.

Ursula said...

Thank you Anna, I know this, it's not dangerous, but annoying, malware so to say.

I don't know yet how to get rid of it. Perhaps my bf can help me when he has time. It's a nightmare, sorry for the inconvenience.

Quentin said...

No problem with malware here

Quentin said...

no problem here.

Ursula said...

Thank you, Quentin for the feed-back. I'm glad that not everybody is concerned. :)