Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's not yet 12.....


...and my yoga practice is done, because I went to the Mysore class this morning. It was not sure if I'd go. It was difficult to fall asleep last night. At 2am I woke up again, walked around here. 4 hours sleep, when I want to get up at 6am, I counted. I went back to bed. In the morning I got up and I went.

Nevertheless, I wanted to have a relaxed start. A few practices happened during my trip to Sweden. I didn't practice every day. A few nights we had hotel rooms where the aisle between bed and wall was small. This didn't invite me to practice. I know that this is an excuse. But now I'm back. And the possibility to practice are excellent.

I started with primary today. I wanted to apply what I think will help me to jump back, comme il faut. I must shift all the weight forward. This can be done when I role the upper arms inwardly and the back shall round. This must be exercised isolated.

I started sweating before having done the first sun salutation. This said everything. Sweating is good. I lived very healthy in the last days. This has always a positive influence on the body. The joints feel oiled. Bad food and alcoholic beverages is like sand in the machinery. I left the mat with totally wet clothes on.

Relaxation was deep. I scanned my body. Big toe......relaxed......second toe......relaxed.......and so on......When I was through this exercise I was between being awake and being asleep. The body was motionless, so was the mind, but attention was still there. Indeed this is a relaxed status of being.

What needs special attention:
1. Upavishta konasana: When I read I can sit in this position. This will surely help to open the hips.
2. Urdhva dhanurasana: I don't know why I'm so patient here. Back bending needs extra exercises when I want to get better at it. An evening practice that lasts 30 min could be good. I could add pranayama and meditation afterwards
3. The vinyasas. Difficult, difficult.

Next year in April I practice Ashtanga yoga for 10 years. By then I want to be able to do all these great asanas, that I just mentioned. Primary shall not have any constructions by then. Amen. 

No comments: