Monday, June 11, 2012

Lousy


This morning I only wanted to bring it behind me. I was stiff. I sweated like hell, I detoxed so to say, hahaha. The consequence was that my leg didn't stay behind my back because it was sliding sidewards. My t-shirt was cut perhaps a bit too generous. It seems to be good to have some cotton over the shoulder. Somehow I managed it to do all the poses.
If I practiced at home I'd given up. In the group of committed yogis and yoginis I was able to schlepp myself from asana to asana.

To open my hips I was adviced to do skandasana and durvasana after kasyapasana. I was so afraid of durvasana (leg behind head and then standing up), but it feels good. I simply had forgotten to be afraid. I was so astonished that I should do the pose, that my feelings and opinions were somewhere else. The challenge of this pose is to balance. I'll practice it close to a wall.

I'm thankful for every feedback. The breath and bandhas are the keys for me to make any progress. I can relate to it and I'll work on it.

So and tomorrow is a new day. My practices are still very volatile.

Tomorrow I'll do the same like today: second series and the 7 third series asanas. No pictures. This would spoil my practice.

Picture: It's taken in Portland 2006.

5 comments:

Debb said...

I'm impressed, dear U, that you know the word "schlepp" (haha).. and it's proper use..

I appreciate your posts even about the so-called "lousy" practices.

Any practice is better than none though, yes?

Om Shanti

Ursula said...

Haha, we have the same word in German language: schleppen....:)

Every practice is finally good. Not once I've thought afterwards that it would have been better not to practice.

The fact that a practice happened is already perfect.

Om Shanti.

Ursula said...

...and dear Debb, I'm rather relaxed re those lousy practices. It's always better or worse than the last time.

:)

It's like in life, it goes up and down, reasons unknown. Hahaha....

Angele Style said...

When I saw the picture of the mountain I thought how could it be that there is another mountain in the world that looks exactly like Mt. Hood that I see from my window everyday in Portland, Oregon???

And so it is the same one. I enjoy your blog.

Ursula said...

Yes, it's Mt Hood. :)