Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I walk the talk


Another post on being organised, decluttering, repairing.........

Yesterday I went through my storage room a step deeper.
Since the bags and yoga blankets are gone, there is more room there. The room was messy and dirty (like most storage rooms).
It took much more time to clean this room than I thought, but I could finish this work. Two and a half hour I spent there. A few steps still need to be done. The skier have to go and the skaters, too. I won't skate anymore in my life and I won't use my skis anymore. With these too things I make an exception, I want to give it to someone.
In general my recommendation is: throw things out as fast as possible. The danger that one saves things is too  big.
The window, the shelf, the floor, the door got in contact with my wet mop. It's a joy now to enter this room. 


Sometimes things need repairing. I've 3 necklaces here that are torn. As they are now they are clutter, but I want to keep them. I found a jewelery shop that repairs even pearl necklaces. This is what I'm gonna do now. I go to the shop. 


Wow, will I be happy when this is done. 


Decluttering comes first. Become essential. Good luck. 

3 comments:

Vonne said...

Ursula,
You've inspired me to get the book and de-clutter my house and my life. I live in Juneau, Alaska and have been following your blog the last few weeks and have found it very inspiring.

I will continue following your evolving yoga practice.

Thank you,

Evonne

Vonne said...

You have inspired me to get the book and de-clutter my home and my life. I live in Juneau, Alaska and have been following your blog for the last few weeks. Thanks Ursula for the inspiration.

Evonne

Ursula said...

Thank you Evonne for reading and good luck with the decluttering.

I'm sure you won't regret to let go of all the old stuff. You create room for new things or even better room for new adventures.

Cordially greetings