Friday, May 25, 2012

Arrived in the north of Germany


Almost 5 hours I was in the train yesterday, from 5pm to 9:30pm. E picked me up at Hanover. I saw him already standing on the platform when the train rolled into the station. Ah, he's on time I thought and had to smile. It's a difficult exercise for him. He came from Potsdam that day. We love to see each other again. Also when we haven't seen each other only for a few days, we hug each other as if we haven't seen each other for months.

Half an hour with the car and we arrived at home. G was still up, but tired, so was E and me, too.

In bed E asked me: What do you hear?
Me: There is noise?
He: Yes, it's the train.
Me: How awful.
He: Soon it will be silent again.
Me: But another one will come.
He: Yes in 10 min.
Me: I cannot sleep with this noise.
He: It's wonderful fresh here, don't you think so?
Me: Yes, but the noise. (Ah, he wanted to keep the window open.)
He: You will sleep soon and then you won't hear it anymore.
I knew he will sleep soon and then I'll close the window then. That's what I did. I slept and I'm well-rested, which is a bit of a miracle as the mattress are no more so new. E always sleeps well.

This morning G and I were creative. She showed me two outfits and asked me which one I like more. Quickly I could make a decision. I love uni and rose, too. The green one with the tulips on it was also nice, but yeah, I prefer uni. Then we had to find a scarf. G had a huge box of scarves. Finally we found one. This is surely one of the wonderful sides to be a woman, one can really play with clothes, accessories. One can make a gem out of oneself.

I've also brought a nice dress from Munich, a dress that I've found in Lisbon. It reveals my strong arms.
We convinced E that he would look very handsome with a shirt, much much better than with a black t-shirt.

In one hour we'll have lunch. The weather is excellent. I'm in birthday party mood. We celebrate G's 88th birthday. Wow. Congratulations.

In one hour we'll have lunch.


2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday to G!

Ursula said...

Thank you, Anna, I'll forward it.