Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Another approach to meditation


I found a book about willpower - for my new kindle.

The first exercise that is recommended is to meditate. Oh.
Better less and on a regular basis, than seldom and long. Yep. This is known.

Nevertheless I was curious about the reason why meditation shall be so good to strengthen willpower?
"Neuroscientists have discovered that when you ask the brain to meditate, it gets better not just at meditating, but at a wide range of self-control skills, including attention, focus, stress management, impulse control, and self-awareness." (The willpower instinct: How self-control works, why it matters, and what you can do to get more of it (Ph.D., Kelly McGonigal, page 25)

I am already convinced of the advantages of meditating.
Just doing it is it. 10 min every day. For me 10 min are enough.

Searching silence at least 10 min a day in our hectic life is like refilling the tanks with fresh energy.

The day:
I was prolific. My timer helped me to work fast and focused 25 min after 25 min with little breaks between. Mainly I did overdue chores. Not only.
After 5pm I was on my mat. Till eka pada sirsasana l practiced, then E returned. After the closing sequence and his dinner we made our tour around the block. That was it for today. I let go. 

No comments: