Saturday, February 18, 2012

What has changed during the last 8 years?


1. During my first years of Ashtanga yoga I omitted asanas because I didn't like them, i.e. bhuja pidasana.
2. I looked for variations if an asana seemed to be too difficult, i.e. marichyasana A. I did a twist, but a modest one and I thought I stick to that variation. Also garbha pindasana was an asana I thought I'd never be able to do. I could mention many asanas that seemed to be not doable for me.



My daily practice taught me that more is possible than I might think first.
1. I don't omit asanas anymore because I don't like them. Perhaps one day I like them. This happened already with the headstands at the end of second series i.e. and many other asanas, too
2. If an asana seems impossible I exercise variations only as an interim solution.
3. My body became more flexible over the time. I could also push the limits of my mind.

Will I be able to do ganda bherundasana during this life time? I just flipped through all the asanas of the Ashtanga series. I'm not sure. I cannot imagine how to practice it alone. If the opportunity is given, I'll practice what is possible.........breath by breath.......I'll approach this goal at the horizon. The path is as important as the goal. Only if one does nothing, also not much can happen. To visualize something is already a first step. I see it so.

In the meantime my kitchen is clean. Yepeeeeee.
I'll do some grocery shopping. On Saturdays I love to cook for my E and myself. It starts with going to my fruit and vegetable dealer.

Pictures: Munich during winter time.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

In ashtanga terms i am a beginner having only practiced for a year but there are manay asanas that i am relieved when i have put them behind me. My 5 breaths are extremely quick through Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana. BUt sometimes asanas that i thought were not possible for me EVER have opened up for me. Kurmasana for example. I think the biggest lesson from Ashtanga is patience and that it will happen with time and a touch of humility.