Wednesday, October 19, 2011

....it's the early morning....


....and it's still dark. I'm sipping my bitter coffee. Not everything needs to be sweet to be good.

Yesterday I enrolled for an online class on portrait photography. Mmmmm. I'm still happy with this decision. It lasts 30 days and starts in November. Me, a portrait photographer with only one model: myself. Hahahaha. I know how important it is not to stop learning. To move the body and to move the mind are signs that one is not yet half-dead, but fully alive. It spices up the entire life. I'm curious. Light will be a main topic in this class. Of course. It's all about light.

Yesterday I was downtown in a very posh shop. I was even a bit shy to enter it. Elegance can create distance, even an unseen wall. But I entered. Inside the shop was a tiny hall with a step that led to the second floor. The business happened only there. The salesperson who greeted me when I arrived a floor higher was so professional that I felt well at once. To meet people who have a nice personality and expertise and are able to present both easy-going are a pure joy. I walked home from downtown afterwards. The sun was shining, it was a summer day. I couldn't resist to go to the English bookstore next. The book by Seth Godin "Linchpin" wanted to go home with me. I bought it. I need uplifting literature, inspiring ones on a daily basis.

On the picture is parighasana: I'm glad to see that also the left side is better now. My overstretched leg is almost healed. Almost. This was indeed a learning experience. Nothing can be forced. Perseverance is it. My attitude during my yoga practice today will be: Let it happen.

Oh, it's time to shower.........


15 comments:

DeborahS said...

Glad to hear that your hamstrings are healing. Funny but I was just wondering about that as you haven't mentioned it in a while. It must feel wonderful!

Ursula said...

That injury lasted long. I'll go on exercising the splits, but with much much care. :)

This was indeed a painful lesson.

Yeah, the absence of something (pain) can be a great joy, too.

Quentin said...

This asana is a floor exercise in gymnastics, but with both legs straight in a full split, toes are pointed rather than feet flexed. Less injuries by using progressive from modified variations to full pose. I have noticed that advanced versions of Ashtanga are Beginner's floor routines in Gymnastics. My practice is Ashtanga with gymnastics sandwiched between SS's, fundamental standing poses, gymnastics routines and ashtanga finishing sequence. After a week of this, I have noticed that my yoga soreness in hamstrings, shoulders and back have gone away. Maybe this is related to the gymnastics flexibility and cool down module, which is not as detailed in Ashtanga. Vinyasa Krama has more of this progressive easing into asanas and eases more flexibility also.

Ursula said...

Surely one can learn from other disciplines, too.

I focus on awareness.

Thanks for the info, Quentin.

ionut said...

I love you again!
Ursula when i say i love you i don't know but my day gets much better and it brings luck to me ... so i will say it often :))
but i will not say it just because it brings luck to me , i also mean it , i love you , in karmic way , i don't know how to say it ... i admire you and i know you are such a superior being and ... i just love you!

Ursula said...

I love to read that I bring you luck, Ionut, and good mood and whatever....:)

It's a joy to find so awesome comments in my inbox from you like this morning.

...and yeah, I'm ordinary....:) very ordinary.

ionut said...

ordinary ... you?! ... no way! you have something inside that makes the difference ... you have that clear vision on stuff and more ... you are special!i know that you "see" more than the average people do!
p.s.
i think it is silly but can i ask what is your zodiac sign? sorry for not being on topic - the topic of the post i mean

Ursula said...

I'm taurus (born in spring, 30 April), ascendent is lion, I was told.

...till then......:)

ionut said...

It's strange ... because the way i see you , you have the characteristics of many signs together , i mean the good parts from other signs ...
I really do not believe in the zodiac though ... and i believe we can transcend all these characteristics of the sign we are born in.
Anyway...you really are cool!
p.s.sorry for these silly comments :P

Ursula said...

mmmmm, I don't know what silly is.

I don't believe in star signs, too, but I'm a typical taurus. Hahahaha.....:)

Ursula said...

..and what's your sign?

ionut said...

oh i am cancer , it's not really a good sign lol it sucks sometimes! or most of the times :)) haha
i do not know my ascendent but it must be cancer also :)))so i'm a double cancer and i try do deal with it haha :)))

ionut said...

Ursula the wild Taurus :))
with this sign and you ascendent you should take the place of angela merkel :)))

Ursula said...

I fear I've never met a cancer so far. Can't comment......:)

Ursula said...

I admire Angela Merkel. She is fantastic and very smart, diplomatic. It's our best Chancellor ever. My view.
I'm not made for politics! All the conflicts, having arguments all day long would make me sick.

Art, also the financial branch is better for tauri, for me.....:)

Oh, I forgot: good morning....:)