Monday, September 05, 2011

Second practice this week...


Monday has started, the yoga week has started on Sunday.
When I fear that it can become tough, I consequently focus on the breath. Inhaling pause exhaling pause......

My goal for second series is to get rid of all the props: blanket under the heels when practicing pashasana, strap and block when doing laghu vajrasana, the wall when practicing pincha mayurasana......and so on.

I approached this goal. I don't use a blanket anymore for the 7 headstands at the end i.e..
I also used to practice yoga nidrasana before dwi pada sirsasana, because this order makes it easier. I changed this and I stick to the series as it is taught in Mysore now.
These are tiny steps in the direction I want to go, but something is moving and changing for the better.

Back bending was lousy. I'm familiar with the ups and downs. I'm glad that I did it.

Tomorrow I want to film vatayanasana.....

Good weather was yesterday, today it's raining again........

I feel good, I've done something for my body, I worked on strength and flexibility.
I also exercised the mind, I concentrated on the breath. All other thoughts and worries disappeared.

It's time now to focus on my other projects. Ashtanga yoga teaches tools that can be useful in other parts of life, too. My pomodoro will structure my day. Action now.....

Good Monday to everybody. 

2 comments:

Quentin said...

How does one know how it is taught now in Mysore?

Ursula said...

Laughing, of course I hear the irony behind your words.

I'm sure that the sequence hasn't changed here....:)

:)