Friday, July 29, 2011

Just a thought........



Again a twist on the picture. My camera was too fast (10 sec), I had discarded this picture already. It can serve as an example that one has to adjust the twist to the own body. In order to put the hand flat on the floor, I've to move my hand a bit further under the leg. The arms serve as a lever and turn the spine. A flexible spine means youthfulness.

The old yogis have realized that when the body is in pain and weak it becomes our main interest. The mind is occupied with the body and with healing or with standing the pain. For spiritual quests is no room anymore if we feel ill and when the body is a burden. This is why one of the main intentions of the yoga practice is to keep the body and the mind healthy.

The health aspect is often forgotten.
Twists  massage the inner organs.


2 comments:

Debb said...

I love your "thoughts". They serve as a gentle reminder to me..
Namaste,
Debb

Ursula said...

Happy relaxed healthy practices for you....:)
Namaste
Ursula