Saturday, March 19, 2011

...and the sun is shining in Lisbon. :)




We strolled around in Lisbon yesterday. We had no goal. Upwards it went onto one of the mountains there. The sun was shining and we could sit outside with view to the sea and over the city in the afternoon, after having had lunch in one of the local restaurants.
Lisbon is built in a valley and onto 2 mountains. On one of the mountains is the castle. On both heights are a lot of cafés with terraces that allow a survey over the city and to the sea.
Lisbon was not destroyed during the WWII and so everywhere are the old houses sometimes renovated with tiny restaurants and stores in it. The streets are made of cobblestones. Laundry hangs outside everywhere, but there is no wind.

In the evening I stepped on my mat. My backside of my legs are still overstretched. (This drives me crazy.) I practiced till the end of the standing asanas, then I gave up. It's better to practice second series with all the back bending asanas. The forward bending asanas of the second series do not require stretched legs.
I must practice with much more care. Nothing can be forced.

Breakfast time!


No comments: