Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An evening routine....

 Inhaling
 exhaling
 inhaling
 exhaling
 inhaling

exhaling
 inhaling
 exhaling
inhaling

Lately in the evening it happened that I found myself on the floor, on my carpet in the living room, I didn't even take a sticky mat. Soft asanas happened. The body enjoyed different position. I practiced asanas like hanumanasana (side split) and others. Not that I do not know enough asanas, but  I felt lost and helpless on the floor. The book Vinyasa Krama by Matthew Sweeney came into my mind. I rediscover this great book with many many good information. Matthew created 5 asana sequences. They are of course all much much longer than what you see on the pictures above.

I read in the book and the next day I practiced the above sequence. It's the first row in the book of a much longer sequence. Ashtanga in the evening is too much for me. I wanted some asanas before pranayama and meditation and this is it.
First the movements are practiced one breath, one position. After 7 rounds hold each posture for 5 to s10 breaths, he writes.
It's an easy routine with back bending and forward bending. Very soft everything. 
After a few rounds I'm perfectly prepared for breathing and sitting (10 min).

It's a routine that finishes my day with grace.

The sequences become more challenging, they progress. For now the above row is enough for me. For a week or two I'll practice it before I add the next line. Let's see.

If you like my blog, feel free to recommend it to your yogi and yogini friends. Thanks.

No comments: