Thursday, November 25, 2010

In Valbonne


A shuttle took us from the airport building to the plane. I had the smell of garlic in my nose. This told me that we are on our way to France. We landed in Nice that evening, picked up our rental car and drove to Valbonne.
In the lobby of this very well-groomed sweet hotel were some people sitting, having a drink. A sofa was still empty. There we sat half an hour later, celebrating our arrival with a glass of red wine.

I slept well as expected. Pain au chocolat and a black coffee will make my arrival here in the South of France to a very sweet one.

Oh, I'm in a hurry now. Breakfast.

3 comments:

Quentin said...

"Pain au chocolat and a black coffee. " Parles tu Francais? Je suis enchante. et café noir

Ursula said...

Quentin, tu m'etonnes.
Où est-ce que tu as appris francais?
Yes, French is my third language, I used to be much better than I'm now. But you probably know how this is. If you don't practice you lose the knowledge and skill.

Quentin said...

J'etudie francais avance par deux ans au college de l'Ouest Point en New York and par deux ans a'ecole secondaire.