Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Mukta hasta sirsasana B


The second headstand of the second series can be seen in this little YouTube video. Dark, dark, yes, I know. Two days ago I learned it and I could do it a once. It was exciting to try it, for sure. I could convince myself to do it. These headstands are rather fast to learn. So far I was introduced to three of them. Some are more challenging.

The toes: They don't like it so much, but no harm is done to them. Janu sirsasana C has prepared them. My toes are flexible.

I have to clear if I have to stretch the arms or if they shall be bowed when my toes are on the floor.

Amazing is that I have more time than I thought. To get from sirsasana to chaturanga dandasana takes some time. The long way down can be experienced consciously.

The headstands are balancing exercises. It is also an exercise to show me how courageous I am.
I'm not greedy to learn them all today. I know I will practice them all, I'm not in a hurry anymore.

Today I'll go to a Mysore class again. I'm enjoying my luxurious life for the time being. I have time as much as I want for my yoga practice. This is so  good.

Gregor Maehle:

Gregor has written a book full of information. Each pose can be seen in a picture. It's very helpful for yoginis/yogis who are also autodidacts. Thank you for buying via my blog.


4 comments:

Quentin said...

Very well done. I must work on this pose today using a thick blanket.
Mukta hasta sirsasana B.

I have seen certified ashtanga yoga people do this pose, but land with more control. How do they do this: gently landing with grace on the toes?

Ursula said...

To fall is to fall....

Good luck and yeah, it's fun.

Grimmly said...

Nice headstands Ursula, very nice.

Ursula said...

Thanks Grimmly, so far I practice three. I'm optimistic that I'll soon practice them all. :)