Friday, October 01, 2010

Full vinyasa also in Mysore classes.....



Mysore class this morning: I suggested that I'd do full vinyasas when I practice primary. M was open to it. And it's true, he also had suggested this to me when I started learning second series. It simply feels better to start again and again from samasthiti and I need strength. Why not take advantage from the energy of the group and to practice a bit more difficult variations of the series. So, my practice was rather intensive this morning.
The jumping forward and backwards didn't convince me. I need a mat that allows me to slide a bit, mine stops me.
How I appreciate the adjustments in urdhva dhanurasana: Time will come and I stand up, alone.

Next Monday I'll learn the headstands of the second series:
I'm already learning the sanskrit names:
- Mukta hasta sirsasana A, B and C
- Baddha hasta sirsasana A, B and C

To learn the sanskrit names of these asanas by heart is an exercise of the mind.
When I practice these headstands, I'm through second series. Then I can practice all the asanas of this series.
Staying positive and optimistic that the asans are doable is another exercise of the mind.

Time to move on. It's late again. To get organized is a topic for the rest of the year.

Matthew Sweeney:

Thank you for buying your amazon products via my blog. :)

2 comments:

algarahuss said...

When you say you practice full vinyasa in primary series what exactly do you mean? You do say, Kurmasana, jump forward into samasthiti?? and begin a full vinyasa like in the standing sequence. I am confused.

Ursula said...

Hi algarahuss,
I will check what I've written.
Almost asana begins with samasthiti, and it ends with samasthithi. Some asanas belong together, so they are performed one after the other, till one gets back to samasthithi.
It can be perfectly seen how this has to be done in "yoga mala" by P. Jois and in the book Astanga yoga by Lino Miele and P. Jois. Check it. If you don't have it it's worth buying it.
Namaste
Ursula