A yogini friend asked me:
can you jump back from Bakasana to Chaturanga? If yes, you could do me a really great favor if you post a video. I've been practising this since I don't know when and it simply does not happen. In videos it always looks so easy but everytime I try my legs just won't lift. Any video showing this I watch one hundred times hoping to discover the secret. Since it hasn't happened yet, it would be great to have another one!
My video and some explanations, I hope it helps.
I tried to exaggerate a bit.
1. First I go in the pose with an inhaling. I try to come up with both feet at the same time.
2. Then I stay in the pose for some breath.
3. I prepare the jumping: I exhale and bow my arms a bit more. With the next inhaling (very strong and fast) I stretch my arms again and give my legs the kick to fly back. The legs of course support it and I stretch them as fast as possible. I inhale fast and intensively and throw my legs upwards like a rocket. In fact they fly back, but I imagine and I try to bring them up. Important is that the arms help, the breathing helps and the legs themselves really fly upwards/backwards with all your power.
4. Exhaling you go down to chaturanga dandasana.
5. Upward facing dog......and so on, and so on.
I am not very good at it, but yeah perhaps it's a starting point for you, too. Please let me know if it helped.