Thursday, July 22, 2010

Saraswathi Rangaswamy

Yes, you deserve to get the latest news from my blog.
Today I got an email (not only me, but me, too) by Daniel Heras. He accepted, I can forward it to you.
Here it is:


Just thought I'd let everyone know about Saraswathi's upcoming visit to NY!

Hope to see you there!

http://ayny.org/workshops

-----------------------

Ashtanga Yoga with Saraswathi Rangaswamy, September 8 - September 12, 2010

K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga USA (KPJ USA) and Ashtanga Yoga New York (AYNY) are extremely happy to announce that Saraswathi Rangaswamy will be teaching one week of Ashtanga Yoga classes in New York City from September 8 – September 12, 2010. Please note that classes on 9/8 and 9/12 will be led classes, and the classes on 9/9, 9/10 and 9/11 will be Mysore style. Location TBA.


Additionally, September 11 is Saraswathi’s 69th birthday, and we will celebrate by throwing a birthday party for her at 7 pm, at AYNY, 430 Broome St., 2nd floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is surely a great event. If I weren't in Brasil I'd be in NY........Have fun.

Guruji: A portrait of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois:

5 comments:

algarahuss said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I don't think I would have seen it otherwise.

Shanti,
Liza

Ursula said...

You are welcome.
I start having a good Ashtanga network.

Let me know how it was in case you go.
It's still some time till September, but some activities need planning.

Shanti
Ursula

Debb said...

Yes, thank you for posting. That certainly would be a special time. I am currently reading Yoga Mala (The original teachings of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois)and this could be a wonderful compliment to that - it would come to life! I am certain his daughter also has his energies of harmony and compassion.
Namaste,
Debb

Ursula said...

She was my teacher while I was in Mysore. She is a fantastic person with a lot of energy.

Everybody was held by her when doing urdhva dhanurasana.
I loved her led classes, too.

If you can go.
Namaste
Ursula

algarahuss said...

Ursula, we have a small group from the studio I practice at going. We will be there for a led and Mysore style class, as well as for Saraswathi's birthday celebration the evening of Sept 11th. I have been to Mysore but did not study at the AYI shala (too expensive for my trip last time) maybe this next time?

...until then I will experience what I can in NYC.

Shanti,
Liza