Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Vatayanasana


I started my practice with the CD by Sharath. This is so helpful. After the standing sequence I practiced on my own.

Vatayanasana (picture) my next to last post of the second series, but today I didn't practice that far.
Kapotasana was my last asana. Why? My left leg is still overstretched. Shall it relax in peace. Shall it heal in peace. These injuries are obviously part of the game, too. I didn't like to exagerate with the intensive forward bending asanas. To put the leg behind the head seemed to be too much today.

Also my hand joints didn't feel that fresh today. Pain was felt there, too. It disappeared with the practice.

When I feel discomfort I practice carefully and focus on the breath. I know that to move supports the healing process.

I feel prepared for a more intensive practice in the Mysore class tomorrow morning.

Shall this be enough yoga for today.

Healthy living:

6 comments:

bindifry said...

parighasana is iron bar posture. you are doing vatayanasana. parighasana is the side stretch that comes after this one.

Ursula said...

Thank you bindfry.
Somehow I cannot publish your comment, but I have corrected the name of the asana. Shame on me...hahahaha.

Michelle Myhre said...

Looking GREAT!~

rifyraina said...

For doing Vatayanasana yoga from standing, take the right foot into half lotus. Exhale as you bend the left knee until you can place the right knee on the floor. Lift the arms and take the right elbow under the left as the palms come together. Balance and lift.

fitflops

susananda said...

Hey, I would just like to say that your legs are in an excellent position there! Now just shoot your arms up higher...

Ursula said...

Oh, thank you, I have overlooked the arms.