Sunday, June 06, 2010

Eyes

When we practice Ashtanga yoga, the eyes are open. There is a gazing point. The eyes don't move.
One reason for this is: when the eyes don't move the mind becomes calm. Concentration deepens. Focus develops.

Sometimes I see yogis/yoginis practicing with closed eyes. This provokes in me the thought: Now they enjoy the felt discomfort, the stretching discomfort.

The eyes (green, brown or blue) are part of the Ashtanga game. They have a task.
They combine mind and body.
I am more prone to look around than to close my eyes. This is also not as it is supposed to be.

There is a gazing point for each asana and the eyes remain quite.

There is still so much to discover and to focus on: what an exciting practice.

The book by David Swenson was my first Ashtanga book. After 7 years I still look into the book when I am stuck at an asana. Click and buy and enjoy the knowledge of Mr David Swenson. Thank you.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Ursula! Love reading and catching up on your blog and love that you post every day! Thank you thank you! Can't wait to read more.

Ursula said...

Thank you for reading, enjoy, be entertained......I love to write and of course I love to practice yoga, too.

Happy "Sun"-day. Ursula