Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Ashtanga


I went to a Mysore class this morning:
M to me today: "This you can write. That it burnt rightly at the right places today." Oh and how it burnt. The thighs had to work today. I got a special exercise to intensify urdhva dhanurasana. I had to grap my ankles while the head was still on the floor. Feet had to walk in direction of the head. And then I should press the hips forward. OMG. OMG. Aua, aua. And then I lifted myself up into urdhva dhanurasana. This exercise is between discomfort and pain. If it helps,...........and it seems so......

Yep, I know what I have done today. "You alone know if you gave your very best", Klinsmann, the German soccer coach (4 years ago) said to his team to motivate them, "you alone know if it was your best when you played soccer, when you loved your girl-friend, when you played golf, when you run......"

Have I given my best today, I wonder. There is always a bit more possible. I was happy with my practice. I can be a bit more modest than the soccer teams who want to win the world cup. I cannot win anything. I can only enjoy my daily practice. How wonderful is that. And this I did.

Picture: my vegan dessert today:

2 comments:

bindifry said...

"I had to grap my ankles while the head was still on the floor. Feet had to walk in direction of the head. And then I should press the hips forward. OMG. "

wow. i want to try that. i don't think i could grab my ankles alone, but i can try. are your elbos on the floor when you are going for it?

Ursula said...

I try to take a picture. It is to open the shoulders.
I am sure you can grab your ankles. It's difficult to describe what I am doing. Have a bit of patience, please.....pic are coming.