Friday, April 16, 2010

I finished my yoga week with an excellent practice

Yes, it was fantastic today again, the Mysore class. I am glad to be at home again and I enjoy my routines.
Inspirations:
-Virabadhrasana A: it's important to open the upper chest. An exercise is to cross the hand behind the neck and to press the hands against it. It is also important to use the bandhas, it's a hip opening asana.
- The twists - marichyasana C and D: To press the bended leg against the arm helps to intensify the twist.

My new focus: I want to express joy when practicing, because this is what it is. The practice became easier, the face can reflect this. Nothing happens from alone, so I consciously relax my face also during the practice - again and again......

Another remark: It's possible to practice in a way (fast ie.) that the practice becomes exhausting. At the end the body feels relaxed, the energy is gone. But it is also possible to practice in a way that one feels refreshed at the end. Even and slow movements can do this.
I was again intrigued by my unconsciousness: I wanted to relax 10 min and exactly after 10 min I opened my eyes.......

Picture: halasana - the back is supposed to be straight, I think it is straight. The feet could be stretched a bit more. Pictures help so much.....

Tomorrow is my day off........

2 comments:

Flo said...

Sounds like a lovely practice!

Ursula said...

Yes, it was good and I enjoy that I am back here in Munich.