Friday, February 26, 2010

Yoga mats

We yogis and yoginis need a sticky mat, comfortable clothes, but that is it.

I have a luxury black mat, thick and long. I use it for my home practice.
The one that is not so good is pink but it's not so heavy (and also not so long), I can carry it around. It was expensive. Very quickly the material showed traces of my practice. (This one I wouldn't buy anymore. No, I don't mention the brand. Next time I buy again German quality. Hahahahahaha)
I have still my first mat, it's a blue one. It is a very thin and light one and looks like new. As it is very thin I don't use it anymore, but nothing speaks against it to use it again.

www.bausinger.de

Coffee shops sell yoga mats, too. My experience: it's not the best quality they offer.

3 comments:

rhh said...

Thanks for the timely comment on yoga mats. I have been looking.

Currently, I'm using my wife's Pilates mat. It's nice and thick, but not very sticky.

I'm almost ready to buy the Manduka BlackMatPRO 71-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat. It is a little heavy, but maybe carrying it around will help build upper body strength!!!

Debb said...

Last year I gave my yoga mat that I use for a led class to a co-worker who had suffered horrific injuries to both of his heels. He was in a lot of pain from sitting in a wheel chair so I brought my mat to work (after santizing it a bit) and gave it to him to use for laying down stretches during the day. I thought of all my intense practices done on that mat and all of the energy and devotion infused in it - it was hard to part with. He, not being into yoga, I'm sure had no idea what a sacrifice it was for me to part with it but it felt right to do that. My yoga mat is like a best friend for me.
Namaste Ursula...

rhh said...

Debb wrote: [I’m sure (he) had no idea what a sacrifice it was for me to part with it but it felt right to do that. My yoga mat is like a best friend for me.]

What a great comment, and what a wonderful sacrifice. I’m sure your yoga mat had your aura imprint all over it. I can be empathetic with you here. Having given away books that served me well was like giving away a family member. The lesson, however, seem to be that it taught the wonderful lesson of ‘impermanence.’