Thursday, February 25, 2010

I survived my yoga practice with the CD by Sharath

.....and I feel great now. Wow, I did it......Wow......
This CD is the best. Simple, nothing is redundant. Ashtanga in its purity. Sharath also has a nice voice and at the end he chanted (for me). The Indian accent is sweet.

The CD is best to learn the right vinyasa count and to experience flow.
I also like that Sharath doesn't make a fuss out of special poses. When I practice alone I sometimes think: Next pose is marichysana C, OMG, how will it be today. It takes me many breaths till I'm in that pose. Sharath simply names the pose, he makes a little break and then he counts the five breaths. That's it. I want to enter some poses faster.
The CD is so fast it doesn't allow thinking. I went from one asana to the next. I took care of my breath, Inhaling, exhaling........
This CD is not something for every day, too hard. A led class is recommended once a week only. This was my led class today.

Oh, yes, I realized some weakness when I practiced first series today, but this doesn't count.

I found out that when I press all my fingers equally hard on the floor when I jump through I can lift my crossed legs a bit higher.
Paschimottanasana was very deep after urdhva dhanurasana. Three times I was up in urdhva dhanursasna and breathed deeply, stretched my arms, pressed my hips forward, ahhhhh.

I deserved the 10 min relaxation at the end. There is still tension in my body when I'm finally on my back under my brown blanket. Progressively I relax, especially the face.
Yes, I deserve noodles this evening.......:)

2 comments:

Marc said...

Thank you for the advice on Paschimottanasana. I have been forgetting to cross my legs as I jump thru and I will try the finger grip you recommend.

Namaste,
Marc

Ursula said...

There are yogis who jump through with straight legs, but my body is not made for this.

To use the fingers for balancing is really helpful. Good luck.

Namaste
Ursula