Friday, January 15, 2010

To practice Ashtanga yoga for spiritual reasons...

This thought and motivation does not go out of my mind.....
What does this mean???

There seem to be 2 directions: The one is in the future. To practice yoga or meditation in order to accomplish something in the future. What is this something? Probably something that looks better than the now: a happier life, no sorrows, no sad moments anymore, no anger. Can Ashtanga yoga do this???

I came to the conclusion: accept what is and go on. This makes spiritual exercises redundant. This approach does not bring only happiness, but the entire rainbow of feelings and states of being. Yes, a relaxed mind can develop, hopefully.
To accept what is,.........whatever it is.......and then let go......

Time to wake up my bf, a second time, with another kiss somewhere in his face.

2 comments:

Debb said...

You talk about spirituality, Ursula. For me, just for me not expecting anyone else to feel the same, spiritual means a connection of pure gratitude with a higher power, a creator, the source of spark of infinity, so awesome it is unfathomable to truly see, experience this creator. It is neither male or female, but pure, the purest form of energy, love. I sometimes, in savasana, just rest in the love of GOD, knowing all is well as it is.. It gives me hope to "do" each day. Life happens, Love happens when I do this. Yoga has broght me to this place unlike anything else..

Ursula said...

Thank you Debb for sharing this. It is wonderful when you experience this after Ashtanga.

I feel relaxed afterwards and happy that I did it, that a practice happened if you like. :)

Yes,.....:)
I asked the yogini today what she meant, and I so wish her that yoga can bring it to her......