Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Friday, honey

This does not play such a huge role in my life for the time being. It doesn't matter if it is Monday, Tuesday or Friday. Only Sunday is the day that can have an influence on my life as the shops are closed. When I worked I liked to go out with E on Friday evening. It was sort of celebration because I had made it through another week. We still have the habit to eat out on Fridays and it is the time that we dedicate to each other (and this is not so much).
Even though it is Friday, the week is not yet over. I have one long day to do what needs to be done. When I look back I only remember one really prolific day of that last week. Today can be the second one. I did yoga, which was great and I saw a movie "A summer in NY - the visitor". Beside this I read a lot. Unfortunately I found an autobiography that has my full interest. It is a German book "Grenzenlose Erleichterung" by Felix Gronau. If I had to categorize it, I'd say it is another good Advaita book. Not so much was done to get back to have an income........
It's very good, that I'm rather relaxed, but too much time is wasted in dreaming and dawdling.
A lived life is more exciting than a dreamed one. A lousy pasta meal is better than reading the menu. But also having a lousy pasta meal is missed when listening to the always busy mind. I get back to my awareness activity. Being aware is it. I must write another post on the mind....
I distract. Planning shall help me to make my days more prolific.
Today after yoga I will go on with my tax declaration.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I really like this post Ursula - it meanders like our days outside the waged labour force. These days are good for learning. It's just an issue finding some meaningful paid work...

Ursula said...

Thank you Anna.....
I am relaxed.
Live has always challenges whatever one does. :)
...again and again opportunities arise to be aware of what is....