Thursday, January 21, 2010

A playful yoga practice, hanumanasana


I warmed my body up with the sun salutations. Then I tried pincha mayurasana. Yes, yes, this pose is coming.
I realized that hanumanasana is important and exercised hanumanasana then, forward split and side split. It was too time-consuming to explain how I exercise so I took two pictures. I let gravity help me when doing side split. It is relaxing. When I do forward split I use blocks. Also here 4 words come into my mind again: a long way down.
Tomorrow it is planned to practice with the CD by Sharath. This will be really exhauting...

2 comments:

Grimmly said...

Ursula, did you ever get the Ramaswami vinyasa krama book? he has a little hanumanasana subroutine at the back which includes Eka pada raja Kapotasana. I find it helps for my own work on hanaumanasana.

Ursula said...

Hi Grimmly, yes I have this book. I will look up the routine.
I think hanumanasana is a key asana and helps to perform so many other asanas from pincha mayurasana to kapotasana...

Thanks....:)