Tuesday, January 05, 2010

....I don't have to, I want to.....

What's new in the new year: When I practice second Ashtanga series I practice "only" this series and not half of the primary first. The standing poses I "only" practice till parsvotanasana. This is the classic order and is also mentioned like this in the book by Gregor Maehle.

I practiced till pincha mayurasana, of course with many breaks (what drives me crazy). The more modest practices during the Christmas days were good for my body, I must admit this. My practice was rather relaxed and scarcely painful. Strength disappears usually rather quickly, but less strength also means more flexibility. It was rather easy today for example to take the leg behind the head. Also urdhva dhanurasana seemed to be rather good. I used a strap to keep the legs parallel and despite this alignment I could walk my hands rather far to the legs (this was my feeling at least).
I just left my mat, I am glad that I practiced.

Soon I will go out for a walk around the block. It is so easy to develop bad mood. This serves nothing and I think it is also not necessary to feel sad, depressed, disappointed or whatever. But feelings often (always) do what they want. Hahahahaha. No, everything is OK. I am a disciplined person, this also means that I've learned not to give in in everything that comes up.

My practice was probably easier today than the other days, because I've lost one pound already. Tomorrow we'll have a day off, but I will cook. It's likely that I have 2 pounds off till Thursday evening. Thursday I will go to my first led class of this year. It will be primary that we exercise. I so look forward to it. On Monday then second series. By then I want to have the Christmas cookies off my body. Yes. Raw, I eat raw and only best food, fruits, vegetables.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Me too! Raw (mostly) and organic. The weight is disappearing! (59kg - goal is 52kg). Feel SO much better.

Ursula said...

Great!!!! I am happy for you. It must be easy, when it shall be permanant. Being slim is a life-style.....

7 kg. Wow. Celebrate. :)

Kaivalya said...

I'm losing Cookie Weight too! :-) The cookies were fun, but now it's time to cut calories! I find that's the only way to do it (at least for me).