Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Staying relaxed like the Indian yogis


A few days back I googled "Indian yogis". Many images came up. I looked at them and they spoke to me. The poses that the yogis performed were advanced, yet there was a stillness in the picture, too.

It reminded me to approach the asanas light-hearted, calm, content. 

Today I learned how to roll out of pincha mayurasana. This is a step forward.

The after-yoga-effect can be still felt. Mood is excellent. Perhaps it's also the good weather and that a friend showed me a super good place round the corner, a terrace on one of the buildings. Ah, so good.

Tomorrow I wanted to go to an Iyengar studio.
I'm not sure if I'll go. I don't have to make a decision now.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Even better photograph! Really lovely.
It's 'roll' :-)

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you.

Roll is corrected. :)

Mike said...

Just wanted to agree with Anna there U. That is a really stunning photo. Congratulations.

Debb said...

I started attending a restorative yoga class on Saturday mornings. It is amazing what yoga principals can do without using a lot of body movement. We get into a pose (often done with straps and blocks) and stay there for 5 to 10 minutes. Essential oils, brief massage and candles and crystals are also involved. I leave feeling extremely relaxed and yet rejuvenated for the day unlike anything I have ever experienced. Namaste, dear U...

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you, Mike.

Ursula Preiss said...

I hope your body is OK, Debb.

Why not practicing softer. Mainly one cares and does something for the body. What you write sounds very good to me. This is it finally. It must feel good and fit to the moment.