Sunday, February 24, 2013

Abercrombie & Fitch


To shop at Abercrombie & Fitch is a shopping experience indeed. Yesterday I've been downtown with E. I wanted to show him this shop. There was a huge queue in front of it. To wait perhaps 2 hours was too much for us. The queue was that long. People come from everywhere to get there.

But last Friday I was shopping there. The clothes are great. Look at the color of my t-shirt on the picture. The blue is a killing blue and fits perfectly to my eyes. Yet it was a miracle that I could see the colors. The shop is dark, really dark. Light is on the ceiling, yet not much. There is a heavy fragrance everywhere. My clothes still smell of this shop. It can be that I need that perfume, too (hahaha). Of course one can buy it. The concept is successful. Obviously. The sales people are super-friendly. And young (all below 22). And beautiful. The women wear hot pants and flip flops. The men wear flip flops, too. Yet it's the friendliness that makes the difference.

(That they hire only young and good-looking people was criticized by the trade unions.)

I'm happy because they also sell clothes in XS. Finally a shop that has clothes for me, too.

This shop is art. It's marketing at its best.

Just to describe the difference: Before shopping at Abercrombie & Fitch, I was at Palmers. I saw a pyjama there. I dressed it. Nobody cared for me. Even size S was too large. I gave the pyjama back to the one sales person there, who gave me the feeling I disturb her. I said: "The pant legs are too long." I don't want to get altered a pyjama. This I didn't say. She said nothing and took the pyjama. When I left the shop I saw that there were pair of trousers with shorter pant legs, too. I was the only client in the shop. She could have cared for me. The salesperson was good-looking, yet so arrogant. To look great and to have manners and to be well-groomed is important in sales. Yet one must also know how to sell. Beauty alone is nothing. This was it for me with Palmers.

I complimented the young sales people at Abercrombie & Fitch. They make a difference.

No comments: