Monday, February 06, 2012

I was dressed in red


I got up early this morning. Soon I got tired again. My bed was already made (by myself). Still in my pyjama I lied on my bed again and I covered myself with a warm blanket. I seriously considered not to go to the Mysore class, but I went.

It was a lousy practice. After each and every asana I wanted to stop. "Stop" an inner voice said," it's strength to stop." But I knew it would have been avoidance. I went on, I tried to take it easy.
I thought I'd be over the hill already. Such lousy difficult practices can happen again and again even after 9 years of practice. I so know that it was good that I practiced till the end. My red outfit didn't help me much. There was no energy in the body. I was weak. Ah, it's over. Tomorrow I'll be ready for the next practice.
(Lousy is of course relative. Of course I could take my legs behind my head, of course, lol.)

I was asked by  dtw how to open the hips more: 
(Special posts on eka pada sirsasana will come this year).
Here are some general guidelines:
1. Imagine yourself doing the pose.
2. Hold the pose longer, but always with a slight smile on your face. This is not a joke, a smile helps to relax and this allows to go deeper in a pose.
3. Repeat the pose, 3 times, 5 times.
4. Enjoy the path, learn to become patient. Ashtanga yoga is also an exercise for the mind.
5. Try to understand the pose and intensify those asanas that prepare a pose.
6. Breathe deeply.
7. Re eka pada sirsasana I also recommend to do it while lying on the back. This is a trick for every pose. If paschimottanasana is difficult, try it while lying on the back. That way I learned supta kurmasana.
8. Don't fight, let it happen.

On my way home I bought all the necessary ingredients that I need to survive till Wednesday morning, when I intend to go to the next Mysore class. It's good to know that I don't have to go out again, because it's so cold. My bf is in Switzerland.

Wow and I've time for myself.
Currently I'm reading "Annie Leibovitz at work" written by herself. It's mainly about the making of her pictures. It's not so focused on the technical stuff, but also. Annie was carrying around 3 cameras with 3 different lenses. It would have taken too much time for her to change the lenses. One has to be fast to catch THE moment, the only moment that was worth catching. I know this already. The book is full of interesting stories. I recommend it if you're interested in photography.

No comments: