Saturday, January 28, 2012

We were out yesterday


It was a good-bye party of one of E's colleagues where we were invited yesterday night. Location: cocktail bar. I cannot remember anymore when I was together with so many beautiful and smart people. We were the oldest ones there, I believe. What an honor that we were invited.

Each generation is different. When I was in my early twenties I wouldn't have dressed up like the ladies did at that party. I preferred to be dressed in dirty jeans and a t-shirt. It was simple and an understatement, even though I wouldn't have used this word that time back. I also wouldn't have had the money to buy clothes. No lipstick of course tried to draw the attention to my lips. It was also a life concept not to focus on beauty, especially not as a woman. This has changed, haha. I'm glad now that I had this time where I enjoyed not to care at all.
A former friend of mine, a fashion designer used to say that young people always look beautifully. After 50 one has to well-groom oneself, she was convinced. I thought to start with 40 is better. Colors in the face pleased me a lot very soon. Once a lover gave me a pink lipstick as a present. Oh, I appreciated it a lot. Most people won't start caring for their appearance with 50 if they haven't cared by then, I think. But who knows. I've changed, too.
It was amazing how these young people had already developed such a good taste. I enjoyed it a lot to see these lovely faces and fancy clothes.
It was a very international party. I could speak English, yepeee.

Water was my drink yesterday night. I enjoyed it twice: yesterday and this morning. I feel good, well-rested. After midnight we took a taxi to get home.

Here I sit now with my second cup of coffee..........what next, I wonder. First I'll pamper my bf with a breakfast........

3 comments:

Joanne Sherrard said...

I'm relatively new to blogging, but I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Ursula said...

Thank you very much for reading.

Namaste.

Justin said...

Sounds like you had lovely evening! Although I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, it's nice to get all dressed up sometimes. Great blog, btw.

-Justin
Justinsjourney.net