Friday, January 20, 2012

Kurmasana


Oh, the heels are up. This is achievement from last year. The trick is to point the feet and to press the arms to the floor. It might also help to role the thighs inward. If a pose is difficult one has to exercise patience.
By now this pose doesn't feel so good. There is a lot of pressure on the chin. With time this will become better hopefully. 5 breaths is not so long either.

After kurmasana, without vanyasa comes supta kurmasana, this core pose. This is the first leg behind head pose. Usually one gets an adjustment here. One shall go into the pose via dwi pada sirsasana. These are all poses that usually need some years of practice. Those with long legs and arms might learn it faster.

I'm up and tired. We watch every night "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here". It's late when we're in bed. This program still lasts 8 days. I want to go to bed at 10am again. I enjoy the mornings. My coffee shall wake me up. I'm so happy that the Mysore classes have started again. I'll practice second series again.

My plan for the next days:
1. Today second series.
2. On Saturday I want to go to a studio downtown. They offer a Mysore class there, too. I'm curious. I'll practice primary, half vinyasa.
3. On Sunday I could try Nancy's version (see last post). I want to see how long it lasts and how it feels.
4. Monday second series again in a Mysore class.

Ha, I remembered to do nauli before having my breakfast. Oh, oh, this woke me up. It's best to do it with an empty stomach. I stood in the kitchen, hands on my bended knees and exercised this breathing technique, lol.

My intention for my practice today: Not making a fuss out of the poses, just doing them, breath by breath.




2 comments:

Suzie Thomas said...

There are many abdominal exercise which targets your lower as well as upper abdominal muscles. Ab muscle building exercises are vital in building your very own six packs or washboard abs. The more you work out the more stress you allow to leave your body. You can actually feel the stress leaving your body from workout to workout.

Ursula said...

Thank you for the link Suzie Thomas.

You write it: to exercise releases stress. It helps to become a cool sock.

Have fun.