Sunday, January 01, 2012

It has started, the new year....


I got up as wished. My alarm clock woke me up after 7 hours of sleep. I didn't switch it off, turned around and slept another hour. No, I got up, even though I still felt a bit tired. The cold shower was wonderful. After that I turned on the heater already. I want to have it warm. I so enjoy to be at home again.

At 2am yesterday night we remembered that we wanted to make some phone calls. Hahaha, we had forgotten this and 2am was too late. First we almost had forgotten to upload the battery of the mobile phone. On our way to the party we remembered that we wanted to make some phone calls at midnight, but we had forgotten the  mobile phone. We walked back and picked it up. And then we forgot to call. Hahahaha.......

This huge bottle of Champagne "Henkel trocken", that I got to one of my last birthdays (my 50th to be precise) is empty now. I took it to the party. First everybody thought it would be too much, but when 8 people are together it's nothing. I'm glad that this huge bottle of bubble water is out of the house. It tasted good, we all liked it. That was the purpose of this beverage. Done.
And now back to an ascetic life.
I couldn't resist to step on the scales this morning: 46,4 kg. This is fantastic. It's a good start. If pashasana is not possible, then it's because of the breaks during our Christmas trip. It will be possible. Second series is on the schedule. Yep. I'm very motivated to do something for me. Sofa times are over.

The new year has started.....:) Wonderful. 

6 comments:

Jose said...

Happy 2012, Ursula. All the best for this year

Ursula said...

Thank you. I wish you the same, all the best for you in 2012.

Anna said...

You have done so well to keep the weight off this whole Xmas period. I have returned to a vegan diet now - it's the most healthy for me. I tried a paleo diet for a while, out of interest. All that meat and dairy is awful for me. Plus I can't stand the thought of dead flesh inside me... Luckily A. is a great cook and we just love all the tasty vegetables (parsnips, swede, turnips, carrots are favourite at the moment) and tofu.

Ursula said...

I love to read this Anna. There is no alternative to a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm glad that I even lost a bit weight. Oh, I took care, lol. It was not easy. But in the meantime everybody knows that I love tomatoes.

Debb said...

7 hours of sleep for you - that's great! My body awoke at 6:30 (the usual time) after going to bed at 3:00 a.m. (after too much dancing at my son's band performance haha!)
So, 3 1/2 hours sleep is not good. But, I will spend time on my mat and that will invigorate me. It's good to be alive in 2012 - may we have a wonderful year of ashtanga yoga practices, dear U..

Ursula said...

You're so young and lively with so much energy Debb.
I always love to read that you're dancing...:)

Sometimes a few sun salutations count as a practice.

The yoga practice is not everything. Life has so much to offer. But yes, let's look forward to our wonderful practices in 2012.