Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ardha baddha padmottanasana or yoga makes optimistic in the long run


This was one of the poses I thought I'd never be able to do. One day I could reach my big toe with my hand. I almost couldn't believe it.
More is possible than I think sometimes was my thought. This I experienced again and again during the years of my yoga practice. Practicing asanas has also an influence on the mind.

Each pose can be improved: Nowadays I reach the toe without the help of the other hand. I try to bring the shoulder closer to the bended leg. A nice pose.

Also this pose had different aspects. On the one hand it's a balancing pose mainly. It's also a forward bending pose. In most cases the chest remains open when bending forward. The one shoulder moves backwards here and having flexible shoulders helps a lot later when practicing back bending.



No comments: