Thursday, December 22, 2011

Still 10 days


Yesterday was the last Mysore class for me in this year. The shala was crowded, almost like in India. The energy could be felt. Redundant to say that I loved this last Mysore class.
One month I'll be on my own now. Yes, indeed, it's that long. I'll not only be on my own, I'll have to practice on different places, at my parents home and at G's home. Getting out of the routines is always an exercise for the mind. It tests the level of flexibility that is possible. It shows also how important this practice is. If it's important it's also possible to practice, also if the rooms are a bit colder, also if the place is not so perfect. A few sun salutations count as a practice.

I know people who like Christmas, my bf i.e. He likes to be at my parents home and he likes to spend time with his mother. I love this attitude. Why not enjoying parts of the celebrations if the whole thing seems to be too big and hectic. This was (is) my mental exercise: I will focus on the things I like. This is for sure to have time with E. We had a coffee together outside.
I asked him: "What could I like about Christmas?"
He: "The presents you get." Hahaha, very true.

There are of course a few more things. The first glow wine on one of these Christmas markets is one of the things I like. To burn candles, to eat oranges, to knit are all habits that belong to that time, too and they come with the feeling joy.
I love to look back of the last year and I love to plan the new one.

A tip for being organized well:
I have a register in my calender for recipes and the ingredients that I need to prepare it. On my way home from yoga i.e. I can stop at a grocery store and buy exactly what I need. This saves time an money. In order to eat healthy one must cook. This is my experience.

Multi-tasking is out.
Focus has a lot of power.

Every practice has so many aspects: The asanas, the breath, the concentration, the vinyasas, the attitude, self-discipline to practice alone. One aspect is often easier than another aspect. My understanding of the asanas has deepened in the last years, so the performance. I'll shift my focus to the vinyasas and a concentrated practice. The correct vinyasa count seems to be a pointer to practice concentrated. It tells: practice without interruption. Don't procrastinate. Keep going. This also calms the mind. No time is created for thoughts like: OMG now kapotasana.......

Time to step on my mat. Primary is on the schedule.
Will it be the last practice at my home for this year? I think yes.

People at the door: No, I don't want to buy the Bible.

Inhaling, pause, exhaling, pause, inhaling.............

9 comments:

Quentin said...

Merry Christmas!

Quentin said...

Merry Christmas!

Ursula said...

Merry Christmas, Quentin. :)

Anna said...

You could have done all your Xmas shopping there and then - Bibles all round!

Anna said...

And Happy Merry etc to you and E. and G. and everyone else!

Anna said...

You could have done all your Xmas shopping there and then - Bibles all round!

Ursula said...

Anna, I have everything and I found great stuff. No Bible, lol. It remains to wrap these goodies. :)

Ursula said...

Thank you Anne, merry Christmas to you, too and an exciting new year. :)

I'm looking forward to your comments in 2012, wink. :)
I can promise you already now, it will be an exciting year, hahaha....

Anna said...

With you, Ursula, anything is possible ;-)