Sunday, December 11, 2011

A pearl of sweat was running down my body....


I went to a led class tonight and I could experience a most intensive practice.

What pleases me most is not that I'm able to do all the asanas of primary Ashtanga series. Indeed I'm one of the few (if not the only one today in the led class) who was able to do supta kurmasana or garbha pindasana on my own. Of course I love to be able to do it.
More important is that I'm able to practice intensively. I have access to my energy. I'm able to give let's say 95%. This gives my practice focus, intensity and this makes it exhausting and relaxing at the same time. The extremes are both felt.
Exhausting is my practice because the energy is available, I can use it for the practice.
Relaxing it is because I focus on what is NOW. No other worries or thoughts disturb the peace of the now. Also Christmas wishes and New Year wishes don't exist. Hahaha....

And then I was in headstand and a pearl of sweat was running down between my breasts towards my chin. Feeling this sensation on my hot skin makes me happy. I kept focusing on my deep breathing, but this is it: a pearl of sweat running down of my body. Ahhhhhhhhh................

My E picked me up after yoga. He was on time. Hahahaha. I teased him. We went to an Italian restaurant and we had some time together. In the restaurant we met colleagues of him. We greeted each other, exchanged friendly words. Then we enjoyed the evening.

A bath now...........

PS: I just thought that what I described above is one of the unwritten goals of yoga. Practicing these deep asanas soften emotional blocks  and finally they disappear. This allows that the energy can run freely through the body again. This gives the feeling of liberation. This gives energy.


No comments: