Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An apple a day....


Just had an apple for breakfast with some nuts and a soy yogurt. It inspired me to look up how healthy apples are for my health. Here is a link. Apples are also good for the lungs and the bones and they don't have fat. Hahahaha.......

With a tiny healthy breakfast my day starts good.
I'm curious how it will go on.

My practice: For the time being I give karandavasana a lot of attention. I exercise tiniest steps and even these tiniest steps like lowering the legs folded in padmasana for 1 inch only seem to be almost impossible. I'm convinced, also karandavasana can be possible for me in this lifetime. It will take years. Having it difficult has one huge advantage: One strengthens the mind, one learns to become patient. To practice tiniest steps that lead in the wished direction again and again is the secret to success finally.
Sometimes it's the same in life, tiniest steps can also be enough to reach the limits on a given day. Shall I be relaxed today.

Second series is on my schedule today. Home practice. 

5 comments:

Bobby said...

Awarness of an apple's goodness is a great discovery.I have been an 'apple/day'person over Forty Years.REALLY,sometimes I do a month of three -four per day.I for one am a beliver in their positive effect on my health +literally hundreds of varieties out there to sample.Spartan,Mcintosh,Golden delicious & Matsu are some of my favourites

Ursula said...

Wow, 40 years, this is amazing.

I'll get into this habit, too.
I think apples are better than bananas. I'm ready to switch to apples. :)
One of my favorites are Breaborn (?spelling) and pink lady.
Golden Delicious is also very good.

Anna said...

Braeburn :-) Apples are the foundation of life!

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Old English saying.

Anna said...

Braeburn :-) Apples are the foundation of life!

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Old English saying.

Ursula said...

Thanks, exactly, it's Braeburn.

I know this sentence, I often adjust it. I substitute apple and doctor with other words.