Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Kapotasana.....


Thanks to grimmly's advice I somehow managed it to take a snapshot from one of my videos.
Pictures help me so much. Of course I see that the pose improved. My fingers were never so close to the toes like on that picture. Here is the history.

I realize that to reach the toes is nice, it feels even funny to feel the little toes from that side. When I want to take the elbows to the floor, comme il faut, I have to reach my verse, minimum. This is at least another year of body work.

The elbows drift apart from each other. How to bring them together is still a secret. Visualization shall help.

Then comes the challenge to come up from this pose. I'd say, I need minimum 3 more years for this. I enjoy the trip.

All in all, I'm happy as I see progress. 

9 comments:

Yoga Bee said...

It helps to keep the elbows together from the start rather than trying to move them back together once fully in the asana. Shoulder openers can be helpful:-)

Claudia said...

nice!

floss69 said...

My teacher tells me it is very important to keep your elbows together otherwise you can damage your shoulders.

floss69 said...

My teacher tells me it is very important to keep your elbows parallel, otherwise you can damage your shoulders.

Ursula said...

Thanks yoga bee. I'll try this. The shoulders seem to be a key. I'll look for some exercises.

You were missed this morning. :)

Thanks for commenting.

Ursula said...

Thanks Claudia, yep work in progress. Stress is on progress.

Ursula said...

Thanks floss69. Yeah I want to practice safely, for sure. It shall be a focus to keep the elbows together.

Artists Valentine said...

Hi Ursula, I went to a backbending workshop last weekend that helped me touch my toes in kapotasana for the first time. You begin by thoroughly warming up the back and shoulders, of course. After dropping back, press up into the hands and lift your head off, pause, come back down into a tighter backbend, walk your fingers toward the toes. Do this 3 times total. It really worked for me- the picture is on my FB page. Ps. I'm behind on your book, but I'll get back to work shortly!

Ursula said...

I'll try this modified routine for sure. It sounds good go me.

PS: we're all never behind. We jump in where we are.

Thanks a lot, I think it's a good approach.