Friday, June 03, 2011

Deep deep inhaling, open the chest, pause, let go, pause.......


My focus during the standing sequence:
Deep deep inhaling, open the chest, pause, let go, pause.......

My focus during the sitting asanas of the first Ashtanga series: 
Deep deep inhaling, open the chest, pause, let go, pause.......

My focus during urdhva dhanurasana:
Deep deep inhaling, open the chest, pause, let go, pause.......

My focus during the closing sequence: 
Deep deep inhaling, open the chest, pause, let go, pause.......

This is not at all boring. Thinking of deep inhaling and opening the chest helped me to go deeply into the forward bending asana. It was a true detox session today. Never ever I've sweated so much. India remains an exception, there I sweated more. Today sweat pearls ran down my face and they chuckled me. My mat became even slippery. I blame the deep inhaling for this detox session.

The breath is supportive, more and more I realize this. It's not that uddjay breathing is an additonal difficulty when practicing Ashtanga yoga. Deep breathing helps to lengthen the body, it helps to balance, it helps to lift up the body.

On my way home I bought 2 bottles of water. This gives me India-feeling. :)

Do you have any topics you want me to write about??
If yes, please let me know. :)

Thanks for shopping at amazon via my blog. Links are on the right side of this blog. 

No comments: