Friday, February 11, 2011

A sadhu


A few days ago I found the above picture online and at once I fell in love with this sadhu. What a picture. That the sadhu holds his right hand up means that he is fearless.

I found out who was the photographer. It's Thomas L. Kelly. I emailed him and asked  for permission to publish his picture. Today I got the OK. Smiling.

Thomas L. Kelly has 2 websites:
www.thomaskellyphotos.com/ and www.wildearthjourney.com/.

It's worth to click on the links and check the sites of this committed photographer.

Thank you Thomas for allowing me to publish your picture.


PS: It motivates me to work on my own practice when I see such intensive yoga pictures.

8 comments:

MikBlogger said...

I suppose the extreme mastering of this practitioner inspires you a lot.
I understand and the way you can achieve so much postures is one of the aim of yoga...
Managing your body like that leads you to a state of peaceful and Grace thru meditation and deep feelings.
Have a nice practice and work on the good way.
Have a nice day.
Mike, Paris.

MikBlogger said...

I suppose the extreme mastering of this practitioner inspires you a lot.
I understand and the way you can achieve so much postures is one of the aim of yoga...
Managing your body like that leads you to a state of peaceful and Grace thru meditation and deep feelings.
Have a nice practice and work on the good way.
Have a nice day.
Mike, Paris.

Ursula said...

Thanks Mike.

The picture is so intensiv, so archaic. Presence. Focus.


Greetings to Paris.

jsf said...

Ah yes, I did a translation for a French website in Nepal who sells some of Thomas Kelly's books. I translated some blurbs for his book, and a description. Beautiful!

Ursula said...

I can look hours at this picture and I understand nothing. Amazing.

Arturo said...

Dear Ursula, going to both those links got me to error messages. Do you think the websites are temporarily down?
Cheers,
Arturo

Ursula said...

Dearest Arturo,
Thank you for the feed back. It's true, I get the same failure message. But I'm sure in this case that I tested the link and I could open it. I don't know what happened. The artist is mentioned. Perhaps the link repairs from alone. Hahahaha
Cheers
Ursula

Priti said...

Hi Ursula:

My name is Priti Thapa, Assistant to Mr. Thomas Kelly. We really appreciate your words. Thank You.

here are the links to his websites
www.thomaslkellyphotos.com, www.wildearthjourneys.com
If they don't work please try copy-and-paste.