Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ardha baddha padmottanasana


Ah, a standing pose: ardha baddha padmottanasana. In the second series this pose is needed again. It's worth not to do it sloppy.

Some crucial points:
- The knees are next to each other. I realized on one of my pics that my bent leg is  not 100% next to the knee of the standing leg. I could correct this easily.
- The neck is relaxed!
- The shoulders remain parallel. This is one of the main challenges of this pose.
- Using the bandhas helps to keep the back straight. It also gives stability.
- The standing leg is engaged.

So this was it for today. I filmed a bit and this is so time-consuming. I'm behind my schedule, much behind. Christmas shopping has to be done. And at night I'll meet a friend (or two), I have to be on time. It's our classic Christmas meeting at Rotkreuzplatz. There is a tiny but nice Christmas market. I'll have my first glow wine today, for sure, somehow I must keep myself warm. It belongs to such a meeting. Enough is said.
Stay cool, stay relaxed......inhaling, exhaling.

Don't forget your amazon gifts can be bought via my blog....:) Thank you. Links are on the right side.

2 comments:

lilasvb said...

this posture is difficult but we get so happy when it can be almost confortable

Ursula said...

It is true, this pose is not easy. In factit was one of the pose I thought I wouldn't be able to do due to too short arms. Yeah, work in progress, but it became one of my fav poses......Have fun.