Friday, May 07, 2010

Ahimsa


The distance between the led class in the evening and the Mysore class in the morning is short. It doesn't matter. On Friday we play it easy, sometimes we even practice with a bit of music, not loud. I appreciate it.

The highlight yesterday at the led class: Suddenly I heard M saying: ahimsa, non-violence. Someone added: non-violence also against oneself. M knows how to sell the message. Obviously someone has fighting against oneself. Not that I do not know this. It can lead to injuries. I haven't seen who fought last night a bit too much so that the impression of violence could come up. But this is what the practice is: to become aware, soft, appreciating the limits and going a bit further, but not with violence, but with the deep soft breath.......


3 comments:

Anna said...

Ahimsa - the core of life.

Looking forward to the World Cup Ursula?

Ursula said...

Oh yeah, I am looking forward to the world cup. Very much. Today they introduced "our men" fo the soccer team......It's exciting.

Debb said...

Ahimsa... In Ashtanga yoga, for me, this is a necessity, each practice (ha).. Aren't our yoga teachers amazing? I feel so much gratitude toward my teachers, they guide and gently encourage progress. And, at my weekly vinyasa class I find healing of my body, it becomes supple and energized, and my mind, it becomes calm and accepting. You are also a great teacher through your cyber sharing, more than I think you know. Sunday is a holiday in the US we call "Mother's Day". Thank your mother from me. You have enriched my life. Namaste.