Friday, April 23, 2010

Blog titles came up, they are all forgotten

Blog titles came up during my practice (Mysore class), but this was it. Otherwise I was focused on my breath. Now I cannot remember one single blog title anymore.
I practiced slowly, ha this is a trick when I do not feel so fit and after the pasta and the two glasses of wine (I shared it with E, admitted) yesterday evening, I feared to have a sloppy and exhausting practice. This was not the case. My practice was very intensive today. Yes, great. Even M praised my back bending. But after urdhva dhanurasana I was no more able to hold my body with my arms in chaturanga dandasana, I had to put my body on the floor. I gave everything and this is always a good feeling when I have access to my energy resources and when I am even able to use it for something so beautiful like a first Ashtanga series.
Any insights that I got from today's practice are forgotten.
One thankful thought came up that I remember now: Asthanga yoga is 99% practice and 1 % philosophy. Am I glad that I do not have to listen to any life philosophy or listen to how I have to live my life. This is another reason why I prefer Ashtanga yoga to other yoga styles. I step on my mat and I breathe and move. The practice tells me so much, it is enough. Yes 1% theory, this is wonderful.....:), it's enough.

3 comments:

rhh said...

Ursula wrote:

"One thankful thought came up that I remember now: Asthanga yoga is 99% practice and 1 % philosophy. Am I glad that I do not have to listen to any life philosophy or listen to how I have to live my life. This is another reason why I prefer Ashtanga yoga to other yoga styles. I step on my mat and I breathe and move. The practice tells me so much, it is enough. Yes 1% theory, this is wonderful.....:), it's enough."

Ralph said:

This is very well said. It sums up WHY 99% is practice. I see this quoted all the time, BUT now it really takes on NEW meaning.

Bettina said...

Hi Ursula,
by the way I'm in Munich this weekend, attending Andreas Loh's Workshop at the "Turnraum" (www.turnraum.de), just in case you want to join us :-)
I have to hurry now to catch my train. Have a nice weekend!
Lg,
Bettina

Ursula said...

Thank you Bettina for the info. I really reflect on it. I'm going to check the side right now. Btw are you on facebook?