Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home practice today

Yes, I love to practice at home. This complements perfectly the Mysore classes. Finally these yoga practices are something for myself. I love that I've found something for myself that I can do independently from offered classes (as much as I might love going to classes).

I just checked my weight. Hahahahaha. It was not necessary. I am rather thin now, I see this, when I am in the bath tub (hahahahaha), I am only 2 pounds away from my ideal weight. When E is on business trips I eat less as I do not go so often to restaurants, then I usually lose some weight. So 47 now: ah pashasana will be great is my first thought.

Back bending: To be able to bend back gives me a feeling of liberty and lightness. This will be a focus today: kapotasana. I cannot expect daily progress, I know, I know.
Dristhis: The dristhis are neglected so far. This will be a topic in the next weeks. The dristhis are an important part of the Ashtanga system. To keep the eyes without movement (to calm the mind) is one aspect. Where to look is another one.

So, but first I will write my journal.

Please, might it be a prolific day. I want to work on my book!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Yes, hurry up - it's the book we're all desperate for! :-)

Ursula said...

Thank you Anna, your comment was appreciated. It made me writing again. Yes, I needed your comment. It is motivating.....

Hope you are doing well.....:)
Ursula

Anna said...

Not so well. I WAS doing very well eating my vegan diet with emphasis on fresh food and NO sugar. I was doing so well that I decided to SABOTAGE myself and went on a three day all-sugar diet. That's why I need your book to read when I feel the sugar/heroin monster rearing its horrible head. :-)

Ursula said...

This is good that you write this. Nobody is 100%, but it is a topic when these craving days come and how to get back. I have this, too, these Chips, Coca Cola, coffee, chocolate days,sometimes on one day. hahahahahaha.

Anna said...

Hahahah - yes, all on one day! Why can't I just go to a cafe for a cup of tea and a slice of cake? The instant I taste the cake I then go berserk and buy a big bar of milk chocolate and maybe another cake... I am saying to myself 'No, no, don't do it' while the other voice is saying 'Mmmm, lovely sugar!' Then, afterwards, I always regret it as I feel like @!">. Bloated and lethargic.

Each time I do this, I put back my target weight of 53kg by another few weeks. It drives me crazy.

This is the sort of horrible battle your book might address :-)

Ursula said...

Yes, I must, I've been there....:)