Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I give up for now.....


I have so many challanges. Focus on one asana, I thought. Next most difficult pose I want to accomplish is kapotasana. This pose does not want to develop.....and it exhausts me so when I do it. I dropped back today and exercised this pose against the wall, but soon I gave up.
Pashasana: I didn't like to give up here. I couldn't accept that this pose should be lost when I practice alone without adjustment. The second time I could hook my fingers again. Voilà.
Ashtanga yoga is an exercise in patience.
I'm looking forward to the Mysore class tomorrow morning. The energy of the group helps. I am not so distracted like at home. Ah, I must work on this, not to make so many breaks. A strategy could be to work with the CD by Sharath till the end of the standing asanas and the closing sequence.
Enough for now. I must learn to set an end to my practice. Ashtanga yoga shall not dominate my whole life. I want to do other things, too. I have to.

2 comments:

rhh said...

[Ursula wrote: “I'm looking forward to the Mysore class tomorrow morning. The energy of the group helps. I am not so distracted like at home.”]

This is why I take classes and not rely just on my home practice – which sucks BTW. I pay for 2 classes per week. That way I know I at least do 2 hours worth of good yoga. On the other hand, 30 mnutes is a typical home practice without a lot of focus. I get too distracted at home.




[Ursula wrote: “Enough for now. I must learn to set an end to my practice. Ashtanga yoga shall not dominate my whole life. I want to do other things, too. I have to.”]

If the book you are writing is to be for Boomers, this will be an important concept. At my age of 68, I do not live for yoga. It, however, is an important part of my lifestyle. I do not let it dominate my life, but I do want it to keep my physical body healthy (which your book will address).

I would rather spend my time and money on classes and retreats. I’m sure on my death bed I will not say, “I only wished I had spent more time on my mat.” What I will ask is, “did I live in the present moment wisely and intently?”

Some random conscious thoughts from me.

Ursula said...

Your comments are always welcomed Ralph. Thank you.

Yeah I'm working on my book write now.
Classes and home practices complement each other. I don't want to miss one of them....:)