Sunday, January 10, 2010

Studying the asanas

I read in Gregor Maehles new book yesterday and it IS amazing. I realized one more time how balanced Ashtanga yoga is: the whole body is exercised not only the legs and abdomen, but also shoulders and arms.
Ashtanga yoga aims to keep the body healthy and the mind calm....

As asana I studied pincha mayurasana: I will try the next time to be much more far away from the wall in order not to become dependant from that support. In a month or so this asana can be learned according to GM. The eyes gaze at an imagined point on the floor. For some aspirants this is difficult. The recommendation: to put something on the floor between the hands to have something to look at......

Time to step on the mat: primary today.

2 comments:

Debb said...

I often put a crystal on the floor as a drishti point of focus... usually a quartz (this balances out the energy/clears negativity) or my specific crystal for balancing - mahogany obsidian.. which has grounding, protective properties and deflects negativity.

Ursula said...

This is a very good idea, a yogic idea. I thought of money, a coin. Hahahahaha....

It makes me laugh to imagine myself being in pincha mayurasana gazing at an euro....:)